No Boston 2024 is a network of activists commmitted to fighting Boston's bid for the 2024 Olympics.
Our Guiding Principles
(1) That our city planning should be done for and by the people, not by unelected CEOs and the IOC
(2) That our infrastructure investments should be focused on the needs of those who live and work here, not the needs of the IOC
(3) That housing, health care, education, and environmental protection are what our elected officials should be focusing on and are how we build a truly world-class city
(4) That the people of Boston deserve good jobs and affordable housing today, not empty promises of what may come almost a decade away
(5) That Boston should not be turned into a police state for two-and-a-half weeks for a party for the international elite
(6) That our parks should remain public spaces, free for the enjoyment of all
(7) That our elected officials should work for the people they represent, not the people who line their pockets
(8) That the people of Boston and Massachusetts deserve a robust, open debate about whether Boston should host the Olympics, a debate Marty Walsh and Boston 2024 never let happen before submitting the initial bid
(9) That Boston 2024’s spin should never go unchallenged
(10) That people deserve to know each step of the IOC process and should have their voices heard well before the IOC casts its first vote in spring 2016
And we need your help to turn these commitments, principles, and goals into a reality.